Friday 22 January 2010

Always winter, never spring

Hello All!

I think that should be "Always winter, never Christmas" - from the Narnia books...but the sentiment is the same...
It is a long time since my last post....and I've still not been to the allotment this year. It has been too cold, too frozen, too covered with snow to be able to do anything apart from develop chilblains!
The grave yard has short opening times during winter too...so is much harder to get organised and motivated to get down to the plot.
So here are my predictions for what I'll find when I do turn up!

1) A big mess - weeds will no doubt be evident and ready for a growth spurt.
2) Lots of clearing to do...I should have spent more time getting ready for winter - pull up the exhausted tomatoes, peppers etc... but I didn't!
3) Dead fish - they are supposed to survive winter by slowing down metabolism etc.. but it has been a long hard winter.
4) Rhubarb - I'm sure this is perennial, so it should be fine.
5) Most other plots in the same state - I'm sure I'm not alone in my fair-weather attitudes.


Hay-hoe...

No comments:

Post a Comment